Wednesday, September 24, 2014

daily plans

so I woke up this morning with plans,
the chard seeds have been harvested quite a while ago,
and it is past time to put them all into canning jars and remove the air for long term storage,

later in the day I got out the friction threshing hardware and threshed the sorghum seeds,
it is just amazingly quick, (by the way, when cutting grain heads, leave a longer stem as a handle than I did in the picture)
you don't need fancy hardware to process grain seeds for a family scale operation,
then I kind of winnowed and put the seeds in a jar and took all the air out
all packed and set and stored for the 2015 garden (this is not even all the grain from only 4 plants)

then I walked into the kitchen and spotted the bag with the chard seeds...


No comments:

Post a Comment