Monday, July 7, 2014

backup

so I have figured out one system to grow food here without the well or advanced tools,
what is my next goal ?
sit back and relax ?, no...
it is to figure out an entirely different system to grow food,
things fail all the time, the weather shifts, fires sweep through,
you have to have many systems in place if you are going to win
trees are my first thought,
but I have little control over the land I am on, and I would need quite a bit of space to do what I want,
I could just put them in pots, but if they need watered all the time then they are more annoying than the annual crops


on other unrelated news,
I left the water drain on the fish tank open
normally I drain some out and refill about a 1/2 inch a day,
but today I drained out all of it down to the drain plug, remembered it at almost midnight,
that is well over 100 gallons that needs replaced soon,
you are not suppose to change more than 1/4 of the water at a time or you could hurt the fish,
but they can't live very well in 3 inches of water
so I put the water hose on a trickle into the tank,
and I will be up all night watching how it goes,
to bad I don't have anything that will turn off the water when it gets to the top of the tank
it will likely be a long night

No comments:

Post a Comment