Tuesday, July 29, 2014

plant spacing

plant spacing can be critical in some situations,
if you just follow the instructions on the seed pack you will likely be ok most of the time,

a common issue,
if you plant close the plants will have less soil to get the water out of due to the neighbor plant also taking water out,
sometimes you can plant far enough apart to get light to the plant,
but if you plant to close you can have the plants run out of water if your ground can't hold that much water,

I have another issue
I have 4 cucumber plants that are all growing happy, plenty of light and water for all of them,
I suspect that 3 of them have very good cucumbers, and one is very bitter,
but the vines are intertwined,
so I can't tell what plants to save the seeds from...
it is quite annoying,
so more space on the things I am growing to saving seeds,
I need to be able to tell what plant things are growing from.

No comments:

Post a Comment