Monday, June 30, 2014

summer

summer is finally here,
everything is green and growing,
this time of year I can go find breakfast out in the garden if I want to

let's go explore what we have this year
here are the wonder berries growing, this plant is 3 years old

the grapes that I had to dig up and hide from the deer
the mountain yam with it's aerial tubers that are getting bigger
one of the hulless seed squashes 
basil 
big squash plant with flowers all over
crookneck squash
the bean plants have green beans all over them 
I have cucumbers ready to eat
watermelons are growing 
here is the watermelon vine
tiny field of bunching onions 
another plot of bunching onions
the black eyed peas are getting eaten almost as fast as they can grow
the parsnips are doing just wonderful 
I hope I get something from the peanuts, at least they are looking good 
here is a bee's butt 
and now you can see the rest of the bee, it is on a cabbage flower
the tomatoes are doing well
 more tomatoes
and these are growing where there is a water leak,
and looking at the picture, there is a tick between the flowers, can't ever let your guard down

I forgot to take pictures of the potatoes...

now that it is summer,
I do think it must be time for some iced tea today

No comments:

Post a Comment