Sunday, February 9, 2014

rain

it has been raining,

there may be hope of growing a full size garden yet,
but my task is to figure out how much water there is in the ground,
the wells here have spacers to keep the well pipe from wearing on the walls,
so I can't just lower something in and check the water level,

I can check the spring to see if it is still empty after the rain stops,
but not sure it will mean much if it is full, but
it will mean something if it is still empty...
as of now it has one foot of water in it, (yay, pictures work again here)

it is 12 foot deep total, or was it 14 ? (I like my laser tape measure, works better than my memory)
I guess that is better than totally dry like it was last month


I have looked into how to dig a well by hand,
and it needs things that I don't have (and should not really buy) to dig it with,
so likely not the way to figure out how deep the water is,

I guess I will have to just guess by rainfall


No comments:

Post a Comment