Friday, April 4, 2014

message

if I could send myself a message back in time to myself to last year when I started the garden what would I send back ?
it might read something like this:
forget about irrigating crops, you have to trust a well and the power grid, and it salts your fields eventually.
grow grains when the weeds grow in spring,
grow cool season crops in the winter to go with it,

doing it that way also gets you way less gophers causing you issues,

have a small kitchen garden that you water in the summer just for variation, and only if you are board, but don't trust it for your calories,

if you can't eat the barley that grows because you are gluten intolerant, then feed it to chickens and eat the eggs

you will wear yourself out with summer gardening, irrigated annual crops are the hardest way to grow your food, use trees if at all possible.

I could have saved a year of time with that info,

now here is some pretty grass

No comments:

Post a Comment