Thursday, April 3, 2014

trying to see like a bee

so I am trying to figure out how bees see flowers,
and I took my camera and some filters and tried

here is a regular full color picture of the cute flower how we see it
color on the screen just messes up things, so I got rid of it for all the others,

here is that same color picture, but without all the annoying color
here it is with the infrared only
here it is with no filters at all, infrared, UV, and regular visible
and here it is with only the UV (likely the way bees see the flower)

there are small differences, but they all look pretty close to me,
so either all my filters are not that good,
or I picked the wrong flower to take pictures of,
I will try again with another flower later.

if that was a disappointing post, here is something that could be useful...
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/real-self-reliance-a-model-for-profitable-micro-farming-on-just-1-5-acres_04022014


No comments:

Post a Comment