Monday, May 20, 2013

why

so I have been wanting to grow all my own food for about 10 years now,
I have been collecting seeds and learning
but I lived in a city with very little room to grow anything,
I tried anyway and had quite a few plants crammed into my sunless back yard

then my job ended (as the company was sold)
and I was free for the first time
so I decided it was time to try a survival garden,
so I moved out of the city to a tiny place with no running water and started work,

now the planting season is over so I have time to document things
I will try to tell you all of what I am doing,
and show how to garden, showing all my failures and achievements and why each happened,
I will show everything from the gardening to the cooking of what I get from it,
I hope everyone finds reading about it as fun as I do when doing it.
it can be very hard here at times as I am allergic to everything here, but I still find it fun,
it is  a big challenge, but it sure seems better than commuting on traffic clogged roads, or sitting at a desk inside where I only see the sun on weekends.

I started with the dirt,
so that will be the next post.

1 comment: