Monday, August 11, 2014

drought

after I posted this, I saw my other posts,
I guess I said most of this already,
so I guess it is worth saying twice...

the drought is closing in on me,
the smaller oak trees are failing, most the pines are already dead, 
the well water has times where it has air mixed in with the water,
and times it is not clear water anymore,
I do like the small summer garden, but don't need it,
all my main food growing plans use just the rain in the winter,
no running water inside will annoy me,
but will surely not take me out
I suspect that soon I will know what will happen.

every time I have gone out driving I have seen either a water tank being delivered,
or a water truck moving water someone,
and many times I see it quite a few times in a short drive,
my point is that many wells are dry here, 
and they get all that water trucked in from a somewhat nearby city,
that city is also worried about the water running out,

I am still amazed that people install wells and don't set up any way to check the level of the water in it,
but everyone is set up that way over here,
they have no idea anything is wrong till things go dry.
maybe I am just nuts for liking sensors, or wanting to know what is going on,

on another note,
gmail has changed how they let people log in again,
and I can't get into my account so far,
so don't expect me to see any emails sent there.

it might be time to start working on building moisture collectors

No comments:

Post a Comment