Monday, August 11, 2014

rice !

so I grew a few kinds of rice this year,
one is a short grain california one sold as sprouting seed,
the other is a california grown brown basmati rice, (got the seeds by hand sorting each grain of 2 pounds of brown rice sold as food, and apparently the only way us home farmers will get seeds like that)
and they are putting out seed heads already,
I am so happy,
they should have plenty of time to finish up before it frosts,

so I get not one, but two rice kinds that work here !

I do have one other kind of rice growing,
but it is from japan and had a long growing season,
and was so excited that I did not even check that one.

soon I should be getting way more than the 2 grains of basmati rice that I started with.

today is a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment