Sunday, October 6, 2013

black walnuts

so I thought that this area I am in is small enough that a tree can't get lost,
but I was wrong,
there is a small black walnut tree here,
and I managed to get seeds, this is the entire harvest from it this year,
note the pots I am use are all the same size,
this is critical so that they dry out all at the same time, this saves lots of time when watering,
the pots are to small and they will need repotted as soon as they come up.
here they are planted, I did them in 2 groups, each group with different soil, maybe that is a bit much for a tree that grows so well and fast

now all I have to do is wait,
then I will have trees to plant, or root stalk for other trees, either way it sure helps to have them growing
they are supper cold tolerant and durable trees, and make the tops you graft on them more strong than they would have been on there own, so walnuts numbers will rise around here.

this cat has been eating at at least a few houses (but likely only 2),
quite a few have been doing that lately,
and it is why many show up late for dinner and beg for food, it even looks sneaky out here relaxing midpoint between the 2 points of food...

No comments:

Post a Comment