Saturday, October 5, 2013

grape harvest

so I would love to harvest my grapes,
but they seem to be uneven in ripening 
in all fairness they were lots more uneven yesterday, so I guess they are fast at the end ?
I found 2 sites that talk about it, 
this one claims that cooling might be an issue, and it was very hot, and then coolish later...
http://informedfarmers.com/grape-uneven-ripening/

and this one claims heat can do it (and is likely way more reliable)
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/grapes.html

and they sure were not off the ground like they should have been, 
never trust others when they say they are going to build trellises for your grapes,
and the first link says that might also be the issue, 

some of the grapes are already dried, 
and they are seeded kinds, 
so they end up seeded raisins, 
and I love them, they are crunchy and sweet, 
the grape seeds are a fantastic food as long as you break them up when eating them.

so my point is that seedless grapes are overrated 

now here is a swarm of cats that wanted food from me, 
they were everywhere
not my cats by the way



No comments:

Post a Comment