Thursday, June 13, 2013

corn spacing

so I planted my corn close to save space,
and they get enough sun like that and the roots have enough room,
but the soil has to hold lots of water that way,
so now I am stuck watering 2 times a day,
even this spacing is to close
if you space them a bit further apart they will work better if you have limited water.
now when it was cool out they had no issues,
one to two foot spacing is likely way better.

now for a diversion,
it is up to 86F in the shade right now and was 103 a few days ago
so I was curious what other things got up to,
exposed dirt was 151F
and watered dirt is 102.9F
here they are...
the hose and water in it was 145F

a fiberglass was 158.3
dry grass was 142.6


aluminum in the shade was 82.5
so were other things in the shade,
ground in the shade is 79.6

black pots in the sun were 110 to 120 (this seems very hot for the plants)
paper in the sun is 114
my rice was 93.1
the corn leaves were 93.1
the wilted squash leaf was 92.5
not wilted squash leaves were 81.9
(I think they have some sort of air conditioning )

the rosemary bush is 81.9
I took all of these readings with an infrared thermometer,
and then I went and measured the thermometer,
and it was 82.3, but the dial on it said 86,
so not sure if I should go back and change all the numbers 2.7F higher

now time to go visit with people

No comments:

Post a Comment