Sunday, June 16, 2013

Employee management

so I have several employees, and managing the groups is not the easiest thing,
the current situation started when I put in the blue water lotuses (growing fast by the way)
and I noticed the birds flying in, landing on the black pot inside (it was over the water level then) and drinking, but I soon had to add more water and the birds could not land anymore,
the birds have not been showing up to the staff meetings, and I am starting to suspect that the cats show up just to get the free food, and I can also see that the cats try to eat the birds all the time, so that might be another reason the birds don't show up, they have a hard enough job without getting eaten...
so clearly the birds need better working conditions or they might start quitting, 
and now I know they need water,
so I took an old bird bath dish that had it's pillar brake 20 years ago and put it on an old creamer bucket and filled with water.
they are not using it yet, but now 3 of them look at it lots, but they will not get to close,
it is likely to low to the ground, so I will fix that soon.

soon I expect that my birds (insect eaters) will have another lapse in discipline (if I could even manage to get them instructions in the first place) and this is because the grapes are about to be ripe
so I just put bird netting over the grapes
(if you can see it in this picture)
so now the birds will pretty much still be doing what I want them to be doing,
and if I make them a bit happier they will keep sitting on the garden fence and eat the bugs that hurt my crops.

good employee management makes the garden run great.
and my point is just to make it not possible for them to mess up, they tend to follow there own self interest,
so all I have to do is make it in there self interest to do a good job for me and then everything works out well

now time to fix the bird bath for them, and maybe install a feeder for sunflower seeds to go with the insects they are having.




No comments:

Post a Comment