Monday, June 3, 2013

creative cat food

to start, cats on a farm area  great idea, they catch some gofers, but not to many, they catch even more mice and snakes, so they are great on the farm, but how would I feed them without the store ?
we should be practicing for the possibility, I am trying to run a survival garden here,
so they should be trying as well.

so here is the cat's food dish
and there were ants in the dish this morning,
I did not put the ants in the dish, but still the I figure the cats should be eating all that free food that wondered into the food dish,


anyway, here are the cats lying around and not practicing for future survival (and not eating ants),

asking the cats to eat the ants failed,
they will eat crickets happily,
and they love gofers, but I can't catch that many, and I will only hunt for them while protecting my crops,
just think of the chaos in the natural order that would be caused by be hunting for the cats daily...

anyway, tuna was the solution 
the cats will eat anything covered in tuna water (the actual tuna being to valuable to feed to the cats)
so the cats finally did eat all the ants very happily.

I wonder if they will eat other bugs covered in tuna water,
tests will be reported on this blog.

now time to watch the laundry dry

No comments:

Post a Comment