Tuesday, June 18, 2013

pineapple

pineapples are wonderful
this is my oldest plant, I got a pineapple from it before and now it is growing a new center section to give me another pineapple 
here is the top that was replanted from the pineapple I harvested already,
they are maybe not the best survival food, but they are fun and make good house plants as well,
I like it when my house plants grow me food.

here is how to do it (and it is the best website out there on how)
http://www.rickswoodshopcreations.com/Pineapple/pineapple.htm

remember when you are growing your pineapple that they are a tropical cactus,
this means bright diffused light and let it totally dry up before you water it again,
that is once a week in a clay pot or longer in a plastic one,
if you want full size out of the pineapples you will put them in a 7 gallon 14 inch pot, any bigger than that and they will not use all the room.

and yes, I lost pictures of when it was forming and the end fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment