Wednesday, January 22, 2014

spring

so there is a spring around here, it is not on the land I have control of, but it is near,
and I cleared out the junk from it, or at least most of it,
I used a grappling hook,
http://www.countycomm.com/hook.html
I wish I could show the spring to you all,
I have pictures but can no longer post them here from the new changes,

anyway, it is 14 foot deep,
and has no water in it,
it is right at the edge of the a seasonal creek
and is only slightly damp at the bottom of the spring,
it just shows how dry it is here, 


what I find funny about all this is that I wanted to breed a corn that is frost tolerant and can grow in the early spring before the ground dries out,
but ground is already very dry,
so it looks like I have to skip at least a year on that project,
if it is even worth doing at all at this point.
oats and some of the barley already do this job I wanted the corn for,
but people love corn, so I wanted to make some neat new plant,
to bad it is not working out.
not sure I will have time to do the project before I need to move on with life,
it already is a many year long project, but now it is one more.
I have real worries that any garden is even possible this year,
might be time to look for something else to do, or somewhere else to go for this summer,
but I don't want to move so soon after moving again,
I will keep thinking on what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment