Monday, January 20, 2014

weather trends

so I am always trying to figure out the future,
and figuring out the weather is super handy for farming,

the Old Farmers Almanac has been having fantastic long term weather predictions for a very long time now,
and a few years ago they finally admitted how they do it, they said it was no longer a secret anyway,
they use the sunspot cycle,
I have been about right on with the weather using this method,
this site has fantastic sun activity predictions and past data for what the sun has been doing
http://www.landscheidt.info
I match up our currant cycle with a past one that I can go look up the weather for, 
then I look at the weather history,
http://classic.wunderground.com/history/
and then I have a good idea of what will happen in the future with the weather,
and it seems to have worked pretty well so far.

and it is looking like we might get a bit more rain here before summer,
but it is unlikely that it will cool down to much before summer.

so it is likely time to plant the onions and sugar peas and possibly sunflowers, 
(even if I have to water them for a month or two)
because it is not likely to get cold enough to hurt them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment