Monday, December 30, 2013

cheep test hardware

cheep test hardware is annoying,
I know this is not quite farm related,
but I spent lots of time trying to figure out why all my volt meters did not match,
charging a battery takes a very specific voltage if you are not to mess it up,
and if you get a + or - 2 volts on the volt meter, the reading is kind of pointless,
the picture of the volt meter on the left is from harbor freight tools and cost about $5...
it is the worst of all, the one on the right is way more advanced, be still very bad,
the only ones that work well have cost me somewhere in the range of $100...
I am usually not in the habit of over paying for things I could get for less,
but if you are to trust numbers spouted by hardware,
make sure that they really do what they say they will.
because as it turns out many manufacturers lie about the accuracy,

with farming or cooking it is usually temperature that gets you...
so read up on how to check your thermometers
http://www.ehow.com/how_4526037_calibrate-a-thermometer.html

and good luck with your other readings,
took me a few months to figure out if some of what I have is reading correct.or not.
and super cheep hardware is often but not always wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment