Monday, December 9, 2013

squash review

my favorite from the butternut family are
Geraumon Martinique was the tasty one of the group
Pennsylvania Dutch Crookneck was very good to eat, grew well, and appears to store well
Musquee De Provence Pumpkin grew well and was good food, but was a bit bland (should likely be baked)
the Long of Naples was pretty good and grew well, it just did not taste much like any other butternut family squash I have had.
Noob Taub was pretty good, and it did not crack when it rained,
the Seminole Pumpkin grew well but tasted like grass and took very long to cook

and my favorite of all was the waltham butternut
and the Sucrine Du Berry fit right in with the waltham butternut

there are a few that I have not had any of yet as well, but I am eating through the harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment