Thursday, March 6, 2014

electricity

so some electricity fell with the rain,
that happens sometimes, (but not like this)
but this started here,
it did not drift in,
first strike woke everyone up sharply,
then it got more intense,
another hit every 5 to 7 seconds,
brighter than flash bulbs,
and it really did not move from the area, it just sat here and kept hitting,
it was as if some angry god was taking out wrath on some target shrouded by night,
it did not last that long, maybe 15 min., maybe 20 ? hard to tell when there are no clocks,

dropped 1/4 inch of rain as well,
I should have taken a video of it,
but I dared not even step on the floor,
I stayed on my insulated bed and watched for fire out the windows,
it was quite a show, one that I hope not to see again, or at least not anytime soon,


thankfully I had been charging batteries the day and night before and could not sleep with the light of the power supply on, so I had unplugged everything, my solar power system had been unplugged because I was charging the batteries earlier that day,
so I did not loose anything,
the power came back on about 10 min. after the storm passed

years ago in this area, a house had a near miss, but it did hit a water pipe in the ground, and it vaporized the water pipes in the entire house, and took out all the electronics in the house as well,
can you imagine having to replace everything that plugs into the wall, including the plugs and all the wiring in the wall ?


I got lucky there was no direct building hit here,
but I guess I do have non electric backups of almost everything, so I will be fine either way,
should be getting non electric backups that are also not conductive...

I like electricity lots,
but I am not going to go so far as to trust it,
and surely electricity gets no trust when it falls from the sky like it did

I am very tired,
could not go back to sleep after it happened,

No comments:

Post a Comment