Sunday, March 9, 2014

native

so looking at all the native plants,
now it the time it is all growing,
if I had a spot with full sun...
now would be the time to be growing everything,
I do have some grain planted, but not enough to live on,
but it would be ideal to have all the root crops planted and growing as well,
it is wet and cool without freezing to hard,
so beets, turnips, even potatoes would be doing great here, and would not need any additional water.
if I really had to do everything by hand and feed myself,
I would be clearing at least one tree, or some parked cars, or something for a bit of land in full winter sun.
now is the magic season where everything grows on it's own,

here is a patch of miners lettuce thriving all on it's own (click on the picture to zoom in)

No comments:

Post a Comment