Monday, July 1, 2013

cucumbers

cucumbers are very neat,
I planted mine thinking I would be making pickles,
but they turned out so good I will likely just be having them fresh,
the plant gets big
they are lots like zucchini in that you harvest them young and they taste better when smaller, if you let them mature you can save seeds, but you sure don't want to eat them that big.
it is a vine type plant, and gets almost as big ass a squash plant, and mostly planted and grown the same way
so when you see recommended spacing of 3 foot, remember that it can easily cover over something planted 5 foot away.
mine now has little potential cucumbers all over it
and one is curled
but I don't think that is a good idea to have curled ones, so I will not be saving seeds from that one.

I got 4 of them this big already
and it seems more are on the way fast.

now time to go find more cute kitty pictures,

No comments:

Post a Comment