Wednesday, July 31, 2013

fish

fish have a great place in my garden,
see the orange glow on the lower right ish side ?
that is one of my fish swimming away (my camera is a bit slow after you hit the button)
and the hardware cloth cover keeps the animals from taking my fish.

at any rate, I mainly have the fish so that I can use the fertilizer they make
 
I have a valve and hose connected to the tank,
I water plants with the fish water, and then refill the tank from the well water.
the plants get federalized and the fish get clean water !
today the rice gets the fish water
I could be eating the fish as well but promised them I would not eat them (they are really cute), but made no promise not to eat there kids.(it helps to keep your original breeding pair )

here is a great book from 1888 on the topic of raising carp (gold fish, koi, and the other carps)
http://www.amazon.com/Practical-carp-culture-L-Logan/dp/B0061J7ADO
and here for free on the net
http://archive.org/details/practicalcarpcul00logarich
it is a good book and I have read the entire thing.

now time to go replace the tarp over the fish tank (it keeps the sun off the fish to keep the tank cool)


No comments:

Post a Comment