Thursday, July 11, 2013

new camera

I got a new camera,
so the pictures here should be better now,
but it is not just any camera,
it will also take infrared pictures,
and full spectrum pictures that go past visible each way
here is its web page
http://www.clevelandparanormal.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=69
you can also get it on amazon

I got it to look at the plants (never know when I might figure some new things out)
but it is sold by the Cleveland Paranormal Supply Co.
so I figure that I should test it on something paranormal first...

closest thing I could find is a mass ant die off, it happened between the late evening on july 9th, and early morning before the sun came up on the 10th
the black specks are dead ants
and here it is from a bit further back
and in IR (infrared) mode (not that it helps)
and in full spectrum mode (not that it helps either)
some of the ants are still still living, and they are ignoring the dead,
other ant hills with the same kind of ants near by are doing just fine,
it does not appear as if they were fighting, 
and more of the ants are dying each night, and it is double to triple this morning from what the pictures show,
I have just never seen it before,
very odd,
it is right next to a squash plant, so it is not like they dried out, and I don't use any chemicals at all on anything,
I like the ants for how they help the soil (old ant hills make for amazing soil in the area)
I just don't know what is going on,
enough of that, on to more camera things,

here is my lunch cooking in visible mode
and in IR mode
and in full spectrum mode
here is the overcast sky, and the camera is pointed at the sun
sunflowers in IR

corn in IR
squash in IR
squash leaves and fruit in IR
same thing but in visible
cactus in IR
and in the visible range
and in full spectrum mode
and visible kitties (said as if invisible ones are out there)
and IR kitties
and full spectrum kitties
IR kitties at night (they are under the plant stand)
IR kitty on the steps
and after I turned on my light (it started walking away)
IR squash at night, center frame the ground is wet
so it is looking like all the plants are reflecting most of the IR light,
my guess is to help with the heat issue of being out in in the sun.

here is an inside picture with IR mode in what appears to be total darkness with just looking,

now time to fill the ceramic crock on the left side of that picture with cucumbers and salt,
I hope it will make pickles
or maybe time to set the clock on the camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment