Wednesday, July 10, 2013

sun and heat

it has been over 100F for about a week,
and it finally got to me,
I went out shopping in town, and got a bit warm, and ran slightly low on water,
then I got back just in time to go out watering,
so I then went outside in the heat again,
I had mobile shade (an umbrella), but I can't drink the water I use to water the plants (I should not even be touching it as I will break out in a rash (iron sulphide))
at any rate, I ended up getting some heat damage,
it is amazing how fast it can happen, and how long it takes to get over it,
if you are out watering plants 3 hours a day, make sure not to run out of water and to stay cool.
I felt fine the entire time I was out there, but I was not.
now I am forced to take tiny breaks so I don't get worse,

also a spray bottle filled with water is amazing for keeping you cool in the heat,
it appears to be more efficient than drinking the water, but I will also be drinking the water as well.

I had been going out at 5pm to water (hottest part of the day) to avoid conflicts with others using the water, but I guess that is ending and I will be going out to water later.

anyway, don't get damaged by the heat, it can do very bad things to you


No comments:

Post a Comment