Saturday, August 17, 2013

allergies

so allergies are annoying
if you have ever planned for long term food storage, then you have likely seen the food allergy issue,

you will not find out that you are allergic to something till you try to start living on it,
also you never know when you will have to have food with someone that can't have wheat or any other food
and if you think that no one you care about has that issue, remember that it could be a new person (baby)
or something that you did not spot till you tried living on it,

now this happened to me with wheat,
I had 4 kinds of wheat stored and was making bread daily with it.
I had lots saved up and not much of anything else,
then I found out that I could not eat it anymore or I would die...
and nearly did one day before I quit totally

so you would think I would have learned my lesson then,
but apparently not, 
I tried to grow enough potatoes and corn and squash so that each one would feed me for the year,
but the corn failed due to me changing varieties (I should not have taken the risk )
and the potatoes failed from doing something I knew was not a good idea, but I was pushed hard by someone else to do it the wrong way (and I did not want to make waves).

but the squash seems to have done well enough to come up with much of my yearly food
the issue is that I seem to be allergic to it when I try to have it every day,
it is kind of funny, and I am sure I will be laughing about it for a long time,
but I will be testing it more to be sure that is what it is,
I should have grown 5 to 7 things that would get all my yearly food....


No comments:

Post a Comment