Saturday, August 24, 2013

sat morning update

the sorghum seems to not be doing lots lately,
wondering if I will get seeds out of them, they did very well 2 years ago...
 the rice seems to still be growing,
the dill is done,
the zucchini is going to seed (because I let it)
but these 2 are still going, but production has slowed lots
the southern peas seem to be doing well
the tomatoes are doing ok
this silverline melon seems done
peppers are still going
this corn is all done
this bee is about to be fish food,
the squash are still setting new flowers and having new fruit
the peanut seems happy enough
these 2 apricot trees seem happy
the rest of the planted trees have not come up yet (or are not going to)
the beans seem happy
the buckwheat seems to have sprouted well
the new radishes are still happy
the shallots are sprouting again
my native bunching onions are doing well (and well caged so nothing hurts them (I am not loosing them again)
the cucumbers are still going to seed
the cactus seem happy, as well as the other peanut
the watermelon plant has died back (and it sure made a tasty watermelon)
the potatoes I planted the correct way are still doing well
the other squash plot is doing ok
and is still putting off squash
this silverline mellon is doing well
the runner bean is big
but seems to not be setting fruit, but it sure is pretty
this corn plot is also done
the chuffa is doing well
some of the ground cherries are still doing well
the sweet potatoes are doing well
I have more dirt waiting for the weather to cool a bit so I can put in some winter crops (I hope they can take shade)
and I still have small piles of onions around

this kitty likes following me, I bet it thinks I have more gophers 

No comments:

Post a Comment