Friday, August 30, 2013

buckwheat

buckwheat is great !
it is super fast growing (2 months to finis is what I have been told), makes great pancakes, it is grown as a cover crop, and
it makes a great distraction crop
animals love to eat it,
here a bird was snacking on one in stead of the radishes I just planted
I saw the bird but was unable to get it's picture, it made unhappy noises at me when I came up on it.

I am so glad that I finally have a good distraction crop,
I got the seeds in the grocery store in the bulk bin section,
it is organic unroasted groats, and they seem to have sprouted just fine, all the seeds I use in the future will be from the ones I am growing so I don't have to risk seeds that don't work due to being sold as food.

here is a sleeping kitty cat

No comments:

Post a Comment