Wednesday, November 13, 2013

cooking

so cooking everything from scratch takes quite a bit of time,
likely why people usually have a division of labor at a farm, it would really help things if I could do that, but it does not work with only one person.

back to the cooking...
here is the seed listing for this squash if you are intrested
http://www.rareseeds.com/musquee-de-provence/
 this one was big, and took a while to cut up and clean (I have another that is bigger from the same plant)
this is only half in the pot,
the other half I covered with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for 2 days till I cooked the rest,
you can usually get away with plastic wrap on most winter squash for a week or so

if you boil squash it makes it more bland,
if you bake squash it brings out the flavor,
I should have baked this one, it is a wet squash and was very mild in flavor, but I can do that with the next one. (the texture was great by the way)
but I boiled it, and put the extra cooked bits in the refrigerator because it is way to much to eat all at once, now I usually fry the cooked bits after taking them out of the cold, but this morning I had them cold, and they were a bit frozen, and amazingly squash popsicles are pretty good



No comments:

Post a Comment