Tuesday, November 26, 2013

survival garden

so I planned fora  survival garden,
and I will not starve doing that, but I failed to grow something to sell,
in any state of civilization you will need something to trade or sell in order to get things you can't grow or make on your own,
so I need to shift what I am doing,
the lack of some sort of cash is getting to me,
I( was planning on long term goals, but they will take more years to get to.
so I am going to plan for more of a cash income and still make sure that I have enough to feed myself

I had been convinced to do quite a bit of plant breeding along with my survival garden over the summer,
and I will need it's results to get enough attention for a seed company to do really well,
but without any income till I get there will cause me not to get there...

I am going to pick homesteading seeds,
all someone will need to start growing food to live on,
going to focus on easy to grow and easy to harvest and store.
if I like the seeds like that and others don't have to many of them, then likely that I will have others wanting the same, 
so I am going to try to help others start a survival garden and feed myself while doing it
or at least I will try.

soon I will list all the neat seed companies for anyone that wants to follow along,
it is soon time to order any seeds you want for spring,
you have to wait for the seeds to be processed, dried, packaged, and ready for shipping,
but you also don't want till others buy all the seeds and that has been happening to the really good types by late spring the last few years, and this year will be no exception.
good thing I have my own personal seed bank, but all of you should get to choosing and ordering.

start with thinking about what you want to be eating, what you will be buying from others, and what you will do yourself,
even if you grow yourself snacks you will learn lots and likely have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment