Friday, November 1, 2013

keeping track

so I have been harvesting lots of seeds lately,
some are direct from the plants and set out to dry, and others are from in squash I am eating,
so about now I have lots of little piles of seeds,
when I make them I keep thinking that I will remember what ones I left where,
and I usually do until I have about 5 of them in 3 days...
the most effective way I have found to keep track is to describe what it is on a small scrap of paper when I first get them, and that paper just goes with the seeds even into the envelope it will be stored in
from when I started doing that I have not lost track of anything.
I put all kinds of info on things, type, what it may have crossed with, year, weight, the look of it, what kind of plant it came from,

I am just saying that mystery piles of seeds are less fun than it may seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment