Saturday, November 2, 2013

peeler

when cooking things like squash you will end up peeling lots of things,
and there is no good reason why you need to with most things,
you can cook squash with the rind on and just scoop it out after it cooks,
but a good peeler is fantastic,
and here is the best one I have ever found
http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-604884/Kyocera+Ceramic+Peeler
it cuts just fantastic through all bu the hardest things, there is one bad thing about it though, 
if you push really hard on it the blade will break from the handle,
and you have to get a new one if want to keep using one,
it is the last thing that broke that I replaced

so things can fail,
like my peeler and the keyboard on my computer (and it has dried out enough to work now, but want to give it one more day before using it and then I will have pictures on the blog again)
and you will need replacements for things,
I have spent years getting ready for the gardening I am doing now, have collected shovels, water valves, all sorts of tools, seeds, and lots of things,
but when things break now, I have no way of replacing them,
to bad I did not have the money to get the extras I would need (but predicting what to get is hard)
or have the money now to replace anything,
homesteading is hard for a few reasons, a big one is that you have a small window to do well enough to be able to afford what you have that will break,
one solution is to go very low tech so you can replace everything with things you get from nature...

anyway, I finished the green house today and put plants in it,
I just dug a hole and put plastic over it.
tomorrow I will have pictures as my laptop keyboard seems to have finally dried out.


No comments:

Post a Comment